Who needs a visa for Austria?

If you do not have EU/EEA or Swiss nationality you are a “national of a third country”. Please inquire if you need a visa to enter Austria at the Austrian representation authorities abroad, (embassy, consulate-general) in your country of residence before traveling to Austria.

All types of visas can only be issued by Austrian representation authorities abroad.

What kind of visa is needed to attend GROW 2019?

If you want to attend GROW 2019, please apply for travel visa C (Schengen Visa). This is the conventional tourist visa. It can be issued for durations of stay up to 90 days (in total) within a period of 180 days and entitles the visa holder to enter into and stay in the territory of the Schengen states.

Schengen states are the following ones: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden as well as the non-EU members Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.

Required documents?

The list of the required documents to apply for Austrian visa is available on the following pages:

Invitation letters

Participants requiring a visa invitation letter are advised to register for the GROW 2019 soonest to ensure that the letter arrives in time.
The GROW 2019 will issue visa invitation letters to participants from countries requiring a visa to enter Austria, but only after full payment of the conference registration fee has been received on the bank account. The invitation letters will be sent by email.

Deadlines and cancellations

  • Please note that the visa application procedure can take up to three months and each GROW 2019 participant holds the responsibility to start the visa application process on time.
  • Obtaining a visa remains the sole responsibility of the participant.
  • Regular cancellation deadlines apply, regardless of whether your visa was granted or not.

NOTE: Schedule your appointment at the visa office as soon as possible, even if you have not received all the documents yet.

All information on this page are obtainable on the official pages of Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior.